The first step is to install the Add-on on your Google Workspace account.
Click on Add-ons > Get Add-ons and then search for “Portant Data Merge”
Click on our page and then select Install
After you select install Google will ask you if you would like to continue.
Then you need to select which Google account you would like to install Portant Data Merge on.
Google will display all the different access Portant Data Merge needs to operate. We have put together explanation plain english list below
- See, edit, create and delete all of your Google Drive files - Make new folders and files in your drive, we never delete anything.
- View and manage your Google Slides presentations - Insert tags into the presentation you have open
- See, create and edit all Google Docs documents that you have access to - Insert tags into the document you have open
- See, edit, create and delete your spreadsheets in Google Drive - Read data from your spreadsheets, to place it into created documents or presentations
- View and manage your forms in Google Drive - Read data from the spreadsheets attached to your form, to place it into created documents or presentations
- Connect to an external service - This is a general permission that allows us to send information between our servers and the add-on
- Allow this application to run when you are not present - This permission enables automations to run when you don't have the application open
- Display and run third-party web content in prompts and sidebars inside Google applications - This enables us to display content inside the add-on
Click Allow, then click Done and then you can close the Marketplace window
To open the Portant Data Merge, click on Add-ons > Portant Data Merge > Start
Feedback and feature suggestions
We created Portant only a few months ago, so any feedback or suggestions you have for us would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form here: https://www.portant.co/support
Blake and James